Having a mechanical keyboard is extremely satisfying and enjoyable, for your keyboard to stay in its best condition it has to be clean. Nobody likes a dirty keyboard filled with dust and little food particles… You gotta have a clean keyboard, especially if its a mechanical keyboard. You gotta turn your gaming swag up with a clean keyboard, here’s how you do it.
Here are three main tips cleaning your keyboard:
Using keyboard vacuums
For those of you who can spare a dime for little things such as this, get yourself a keyboard cleaner or a keyboard vacuum.
- Unplug your keyboard.
- Run the vacuum over your keys, make sure to clean between the keys.
Using a dust cleaning fabric
For those of you who can’t wait to order a vaccum cleaner for your keyboard, just get a dust cleaning fabric.
1. Unplug your keyboard.
2. Start by wiping generally over the top of your keys.
3. Clean over and around your keyboard.
Cleaning individual keys
Now if you’re the type of person that eats, sleeps, and plays on your keyboard you have to go all out when cleaning. Your keyboard probably has some drink stains or some cookie crumbles in he crevasses between the keys. Here’s the ultimate methods to leave your keys as clean as can be:
- Unplug your keyboard.
- Make sure your keyboard keys are removable, and if you have a keyboard key remover utilize that. If you don’t however, find a card that you don’t wanna use as it may get damaged in the corners.
- Carefully remove the keys, if you’re using a card, place the edge of the card under the key and slowly lift the card to remove.
- Once all your keys are removed, use a cotton swab, ear bud, q-tip whatever you call those. Remove the dust around the key areas and between using the swab. Fell free to change swabs after they get dusty.
- Now, depending on how you want to clean your keys, it’s best to clean them individually. Generally, i’d recommend you place them in a small tub filled with lukewarm water.
- Add a dish soap and clean the keys, then rinse them with warm water one by one.
- Dry them using a towel or any fabric that would not scratch the keys, avoid using tissues as they will leave particles in and around the keys.
- One the keys are dry and your keyboard surface is clean, place the keys back onto the keyboard.
For the last step, plug your keyboard, get some popcorn and enjoy your movie or video game while eating all over the keyboard. I’m just kidding, make sure to maintain the cleanliness of your keyboard every now and then. Enjoy your clean keyboard to your hearts extent! Thanks for reading this, hope you enjoy the other posts on this site if they suit your taste!